BBC Swallows Cross Farm
Client: Brentwood Borough Council (BBC)
KEW Planning was instructed by BBC to act as the planning officer in relation to a residential scheme on Swallows Cross Farm in Doddington. The planning application was submitted under the now superseded Local Plan and had initially been reviewed by another officer.
The application site is located within the Green Belt and consisted of vacant agricultural buildings and industrial units.
The full planning application comprised of:
– Demolition of all existing buildings and structures on site.
– Construction of 12 houses.
– Provision of associated garaging, parking, and landscaping.
KEW Planning provided dedicated resources to help BBC determine this planning application. KEW Planning assessed the proposal against the new Local Plan, concluding that the proposal would have no greater impact on the openness of the Green Belt than the existing development. Due to a change in affordable housing policy, KEW Planning negotiated with the applicant to submit a new viability appraisal.
The application was approved under delegated powers.
Full town planning service included:
– Review of planning application documents.
– Post-submission liaison with applicant team to discuss the viability appraisal.
– Liaison and feedback from statutory consultees.
– Delegated report preparation.