Client: Brentwood Borough Council (BBC)
KEW Planning entered a Planning Performance Agreement (PPA) with BBC to act as the planning officer in relation to a full application submitted by Hallmark Care Homes, for the following:
– Construction of a Headquarters Office for Hallmark Care Homes with associated Centre of Excellence;
– Construction of a new care home;
– Highway works and servicing;
– Car parking;
– Landscaping, including two parks dedicated to workers and residents of the scheme;
– Boundary treatments.
The site was allocated within Brentwood’s emerging Local Development Plan (Policy E08: Land adjacent to A12 and slip road, Ingatestone) for employment development comprising offices, light industrial, research, and development, B2, B8, or sui generis employment uses.
KEW Planning provided dedicated resources to assist BBC meet the key PPA milestones in an efficient and expert way. This scheme for an office headquarters of excellence for training care workers and a 70 bed care home, on land north of Roman Road, Ingatestone was presented to planning committee in November 2022, and the committee voted in line with officer’s recommendation to approve, subject to conditions and section 106. This followed lengthy pre-application discussions with officers, two design panel reviews and extensive negotiations to obtain highway improvement works. The result is an extremely high quality development, that will create circa 160 new jobs.
Full service included:
– Site inspection.
– Members briefings.
– Review of planning application documents.
– Post-submission meetings with the design team for feedback on application.
– Liaison and feedback from statutory consultees.
– Committee report preparation.
– Committee presentation preparation.