Client: Brentwood Borough Council (BBC)
KEW Planning entered a Planning Performance Agreement (PPA) with BBC to act as the planning officer in relation to a full application submitted for the following:
– Demolition of 29 social housing units, together with a community room and garages
– Construction of 40 units (comprising of one and two bedrooms)
– New community room, car park, landscaping and associated works
– All housing will be 100% affordable and will be Zero Carbon (in use)
KEW Planning provided dedicated resources to help BBC meet the key PPA milestones in an efficient and expert way. We liaised closely with the applicant and other BCC officers to ensure that the proposed development would address officers’ comments and concerns. Concerns were raised by local residents in relation to privacy and loss of daylighting. We worked with the applicants to ensure that residential amenity of the future residents and neighbouring residents would be protected, requesting revisions. Furthermore, we requested revisions to the design and fenestration detailing to ensure a high-quality designed building, that will make a positive contribution to the locality.
Full service included:
– Site inspection.
– Pre-application meetings.
– Pre-application response preparation.
– Approval of validation of applications and assistance with consultation areas.
– Members briefings.
– Review of planning application documents.
– Post-submission meetings with the design team for feedback on application.
– Liaison and feedback from statutory consultees.
– Committee report preparation.
– Committee presentation preparation.
KEW Planning presented this planning application to the December 2022 planning committee, and the application was approved unanimously.